Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ready for Spring

As I sit and look outside, I feel like I have lost something inside.

It's dark, gloomy, cold and icey out. The lake in the backyard is no longer frozen and I can't help to think...why not just go out there and get the ole line wet.

The boat is stored, the poles are dry. My mind wanders as I think about the super fall season just passed. Friends, nature and the thrill of hooking up a largemouth bass silenced by the dreary wintery weather.

When temperatures rise even above 50 degrees, I'm anxious to grab my poles and head out to find the "one that got away" in the fall. As winter bass gather and group into large schools, the lure of catching the big one remains deep in my mind. I know they are there, I know they will bite this time of year. My frozen fingers would only halt the day short. As December 21st comes closer and closer, I realize the days will get longer and the nights will get shorter.

Ahh, yet the days of spring will soon be upon us! Personally, I can't wait!

0 comments: