Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Sunday Morning with B" ~ by Brian Hanson

"Sunday Morning with B" ~ by Brian Hanson

So I woke this morning yearning for something to do,
I checked the weather site, and saw a front moving through.

I grabbed my rods, my reels and some stinky spray on lure goo,
I even grabbed by bestest old girlfriend, you know her, name of Lu.

Away with the boat we flew, thinking for sure it was a lock,
I launched the boat and got a rock in my croc.

The lake sure is pretty, believe its called Bird Dog,
bastage has tons of lily pads, clear water, even logs.

Lu caught first fish, white spinner bait, it was, landed a bass
I kept on changing lures, feeling more and more like an ass.

The storm blew closer, Lu kept saying lets get out,
Not catching any fish, I kept trying without doubt.

The clouds grew dark, the sky growling even lightning some struck,
Lu said, Alright, that's enough. Let me out, I'll watch from the truck.

So, we called it a day. As we left Lu feeling like a hero
as the final score for the tour, was Lu one, Brian zero.


Brian Hanson
July 2010
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: